Congratulations to the Faculty of Divinity's Class of 2017
On May 9, Trinity College held its Divinity Convocation Ceremony 2017 for conferring of Degrees in Divinity and Honorary Degrees.
Professor Mayo Moran, Provost of Trinity College, welcomed honorable guests, graduates, family, faculty, staff and friends to Convocation. The Honourable William C. Graham, Chancellor of Trinity College, conferred degrees and Professor Elizabeth Smyth, Vice-Dean, School of Graduate Studies, conveys greetings to the graduating class from the University of Toronto.
Master's and Doctoral Degrees (awarded conjointly with the University of Toronto):
- Master of Divinity: Gavin Iain James Hamilton Keachie; John-Paul Gabriel Markides (honours); Michael Samuel Phillips (honours)
- Master of Theological Studies: Jennifer Jane Godkin; Gordon Melvin Loney; Susan Anne McCulloch; Gail Mary Scott
- Master of Theology: Daniel Francis Graves; Mark Hubert Lack; Andrew Edward Nussey
- Doctor of Theology: John Yan Yee Chan; Jonathan Sandor Lofft
- Doctor of Ministry: Stephen Douglas Muir
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology: David John Boehmer; Mariana Dobreva-Mastagar (graduated with PhDs from the University of St. Michael’s College at their convocation on November 11, 2016)
Diplomas, Licentiates and Certificates:
- Diploma in Ministry: Weiliang Wu
- Diploma in Theology: Jonathan Robert Cowans
- Licentiate in Theology: Deborah Anne Chapman; Paul Joseph Jacobs Servos
- Certificate in Orthodox and Eastern Christian Studies: Chris Douglas Floroff; Elena Yurievna Lobsanova; Susan Anne McCulloch
The Hon. William C. Graham then conferred honorary degrees to three recipients for their dedication to Trinity College and their years of service and life’s work (read their bios).
Dr. Nona Macdonald Heaslip, Doctor of Sacred Letters (photo: centre): presented by William Corcoran and hooded by Ms. Sadia Rafiquddin
The Venerable Allan Paul Feheley, Doctor of Divinity (photo: right): citation prepared by The Right Reverend Philip Poole and presented by The Most Reverend Colin Johnson, and hooded by The Reverend Canon Doctor Alyson Barnett-Cowan
The Rev'd Canon Dr. John St. Helier Gibaut, Doctor of Divinity (photo: left) who also provided the inspiring Convocation Address: presented by The Most Reverend Colin Johnson and hooded by The Most Michael Peers.
The evening also provided the opportunity for The Rev. Canon W. David Neelands, Trinity’s Dean of Divinity and Margaret E. Fleck Professor in Anglican Studies, to present prizewinners to students in first, second and third years of their program. The Governor General’s Silver Medal for Highest Outstanding Overall was presented to Gavin Iain James Hamilton Keachie.